- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk milk, yogurt and oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
Lightly coat a nonstick griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, place a stack of two pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high until heated through, about 1 minute. Yield: 4 pancakes.
Reviews for High-Octane Pancakes
"These are a staple in our house. We do substitute 1/2 whole wheat flour for white and leave out the oil. They do not make a lot so I triple the recipe to feed a family"
"This recipe made about 5 medallion-sized pancakes. They were good, a little doughy in the center as I usually find pancakes with any yogurt to be, I used applesauce for the the oil and flaxseed meal for the wheatgerm."
"I have made these over and over thinking how yummy they are. I have also added a few ingredients and made my waffles with these ingredients. I could eat them everyday."
"I like these pancakes."