Hidden Pear Salad Recipe
Light and fluffy, this colorful salad is a very flavorful family favorite. When I made it for my husband's family before we were married, we all joked about not being able to find any pears, so the name stuck.
- 1 can (16 ounces) pears, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a saucepan, bring pear liquid to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool at room temperature until syrupy. Meanwhile, puree pears in a blender.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy and smooth. Add pureed pears and mix well. Prepare whipped topping according to package directions; fold into pear mixture. Fold in cooled gelatin.
- 3. Pour into a 4-1/2-cup mold that has been coated with cooking spray. Chill overnight. Just before serving, unmold salad onto a lettuce-lined platter. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 139 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Hidden Pear Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC