Hidden Pear Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) pears, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a saucepan, bring pear liquid to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool at room temperature until syrupy. Meanwhile, puree pears in a blender.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy and smooth. Add pureed pears and mix well. Prepare whipped topping according to package directions; fold into pear mixture. Fold in cooled gelatin.
- 3. Pour into a 4-1/2-cup mold that has been coated with cooking spray. Chill overnight. Just before serving, unmold salad onto a lettuce-lined platter. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 139 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Hidden Pear Salad
"LOVE this salad. I like the hidden nutrition for kids and the ease of preparation. I make in 9x13 and have served on lettuce."
"I'd tried this recipe for the first time on 6/22/13! I doubled the ingredients except the pears which I used my food processor to pulse! I used the juice from 15-oz. canof Bartlett pears & the juice from the pears + water to equal 2 cups of liquid.]I used 2 packages of lime gelatin and 1/2 tsp. lemon juice-I used bottled. I also used 8-oz. softened cream cheese + an 8-oz. container of COOL WHIP, since I'd had it on hand in my freezer! This saladwas delicious and NOT much was left! I used my Tupperware ring mold, coated withcooking spray! I took it to the luncheon at our chapel 6/23/13! A friend took the balance of the salad home to share with HER family! Thank you for this recipe, Sharon Mensing! I definitely plan to use this recipe time and again! DELOWENSTEIN"
"Usually I don't care for gelatin salads, because of the lack of nutrition, but this has food value, easy to make and tastes great. A nice addition to a large meal."