- creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut
- with a lightly floured-1/2-in. round cookie cutter; place on
- ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes
- before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine all the peppermint layer ingredients. Knead
- for 1 minute or until smooth. Shape into 120 balls, 1/2 in. each.
- Place a ball on each cookie and flatten to cover cookie. Place on
- waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread
- about 1 teaspoonful over each cookie. Chill until firm. Yield: about
- 10 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 127 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.