Hickory-Smoked Cheeseburgers Recipe
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 12 slices process American cheese
- 12 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- Mayonnaise, lettuce leaves, tomato slices and pickle slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 3. Top each burger with a cheese slice. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and pickles. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 476 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Hickory-Smoked Cheeseburgers
"This recipe makes phenomenal cheeseburgers! The aroma from the grill made my guests gather. I didn't have saltines so I crushed up some tortilla chips. I will always make my burgers this way from now on."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.