- Coat unheated grill grate with no-stick cooking spray. Heat grill to
- medium-high (350°F to 400°F). Coat apples and onions
- (keeping slices intact) with 1 cup apple butter.
- Grill burgers, apples and onions 4 to 6 minutes per side or until
- juices run clear on the burgers and the apples and onions are
- tender. Toast rolls, if desired.
- Top each burger with cheese during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Place a burger on each roll bottom, top with grilled apples and
- onions and the roll top; serve. Yield: 4 Burgers.
TIP To toast the rolls: spray the inside of each roll with butter flavored no-stick cooking spray. Place the rolls (cut side down) around the outer edges of the cooking grate; grill until golden brown.
TIP *Hickory smoked flavoring can be found in your grocer's condiment aisle.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.