- mix well.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into
- batter. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool.
- For frosting, cream shortening and butter in a bowl. Add extracts and
- salt. Beat in sugar and milk. Frost cake. Top with nut halves if
- desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 470 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.