Hide this salad until serving time, or you might be surprised to find it gone! Try adding kalamata olives, peppers or yellow tomatoes. Be creative. — Angela Leinenbach, Mechanicsville, Virginia
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 4 ounces cubed provolone cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, cut into strips (2/3 cup)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced hard salami, cut into strips (2/3 cup)
- 5 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, pepperoncini, cheese, meats and pasta. Just before serving, add lettuce and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hero Pasta Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hero Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review