- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 4 ounces cubed provolone cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, cut into strips (2/3 cup)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced hard salami, cut into strips (2/3 cup)
- 5 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, pepperoncini, cheese, meats and pasta. Just before serving, add lettuce and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hero Pasta Salad
Sort By :
Outstanding warm weather meal! My substitutions are cucumber for red onion, yellow bell pepper for pepperoncini, quinoa for hard salami, and baby spring mix for lettuce.
Pretty. Delicious and guilt free w/o the bread! I also added quartered black olives and for us the pepperoncini made it a 'hero' for sure. Definitely recommend it!
I added black olives and corn because I had some to use up. Didn't bother with the pepperoncini - don't care for it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Salads >