Hero Pasta Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 4 ounces cubed provolone cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, cut into strips (2/3 cup)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced hard salami, cut into strips (2/3 cup)
- 5 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine onion, pepperoncini, cheese, meats and pasta. Just before serving, add lettuce and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
2-1/2 cups equals 313 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Hero Pasta Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.