Hero Pasta Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 4 ounces cubed provolone cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, cut into strips (2/3 cup)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced hard salami, cut into strips (2/3 cup)
- 5 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, pepperoncini, cheese, meats and pasta. Just before serving, add lettuce and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hero Pasta Salad(2)
Sort By :
Pretty. Delicious and guilt free w/o the bread! I also added quartered black olives and for us the pepperoncini made it a 'hero' for sure. Definitely recommend it!
I added black olives and corn because I had some to use up. Didn't bother with the pepperoncini - don't care for it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Salads >