Hereford Casserole Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked fusilli pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add soup and sour cream; beat until blended. Drain pasta.
- 3. Spoon half of the beef mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with pasta, soup mixture and remaining beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 622 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Hereford Casserole
"Love it and easy to make."
"A good, "homey" recipe. My favorite thing about it was that my daughter, who normally doesn't like anything with sour cream in it, liked it. I think the other things, when eaten together with it, decrease the "sour" quality in the sour cream. Hearty and filling."