Herbtastic Pork Chops Recipe
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 yellow summer squash, sliced lengthwise
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; reserve 1/3 cup for serving. Rub both sides of squash and pork chops with remaining mixture.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°) and squash is tender. Let pork stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve pork and squash with reserved herb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Herbtastic Pork Chops
"This recipe came out great and was easy to cook. I had all the herbs growing in my garden and add a little basil. I will try this herb mixture on other foods."
"This was absolutely fantastic!! I don't grow my own herbs so it was a tad bit expensive to buy all the fresh herbs but it was well worth it. I grill inside on my Jenn-Aire and my grill was not large enough to do all at the same time so I did the chops first and kept them warm while I did the squash. Served it with an Italian Pasta Salad I got from the TOH web-site. It was a great late summertime feast!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.