Herbtastic Pork Chops Recipe
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 yellow summer squash, sliced lengthwise
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; reserve 1/3 cup for serving. Rub both sides of squash and pork chops with remaining mixture.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°) and squash is tender. Let pork stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve pork and squash with reserved herb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Herbtastic Pork Chops
"This recipe came out great and was easy to cook. I had all the herbs growing in my garden and add a little basil. I will try this herb mixture on other foods."
"This was absolutely fantastic!! I don't grow my own herbs so it was a tad bit expensive to buy all the fresh herbs but it was well worth it. I grill inside on my Jenn-Aire and my grill was not large enough to do all at the same time so I did the chops first and kept them warm while I did the squash. Served it with an Italian Pasta Salad I got from the TOH web-site. It was a great late summertime feast!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.