Herbtastic Pork Chops
Pork chops can be prepared numerous ways but there's no easier preparation than smothering them with fresh herbs straight from the garden and firing up the grill. Add sliced summer squash to round out the meal. —Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 yellow summer squash, sliced lengthwise
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; reserve 1/3 cup
- for serving. Rub both sides of squash and pork chops with remaining
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°) and squash is tender. Let
- pork stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve pork and squash with
- reserved herb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.