Pork chops can be prepared numerous ways but there's no easier preparation than smothering them with fresh herbs straight from the garden and firing up the grill. Add sliced summer squash to round out the meal. —Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 yellow summer squash, sliced lengthwise
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; reserve 1/3 cup for serving. Rub both sides of squash and pork chops with remaining mixture.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°) and squash is tender. Let pork stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve pork and squash with reserved herb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbtastic Pork Chops in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p50
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Herbtastic Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review