Herbed Zucchini 'n' Carrots Recipe
Tamra Duncan, Centerton, Arkansas, shares this colorful blend of garden veggies.
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried marjoram, thyme and chervil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook the zucchini and seasonings in butter over medium heat for 8 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place the carrots and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until carrots are tender, stirring once; drain. Stir carrots into zucchini mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 52 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Herbed Zucchini 'n' Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC