- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 to 5 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; discard all but 1 tablespoon of drippings. Saute onion, celery and garlic in drippings until tender. add tomatoes, zucchini, parsley and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with cheeses and bacon. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Zucchini in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p41
Reviews for Herbed Zucchini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2010
"I used turkey bacon and 2% milk mozzarella cheese."