Herbed Wild Rice
Like many other cooking enthusiasts, I've discovered that good food pleases the palate and soothes the soul! This rice has a nice nutty flavor and the wonderful aroma of sage.—David Collin, Martinez, California
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute the onions in butter
- until tender, about 5 minutes. Add rice; cook for 8-10 minutes. Add
- broth, sage, thyme and salt if desired.
- Pour into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 70-80 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is
- absorbed. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with margarine and low-sodium broth and without salt) equals 1 starch, 1 fat; also, 120 calories, 70 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 18 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 4 gm fat.