- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Combine the egg, buttermilk, honey and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in basil and tarragon.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Herbed Wheat Muffins in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p48
Reviews for Herbed Wheat Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2010
"Lots of ingredients, but worth it. There actually light and kinda crunchy."