Herbed Vinegar Recipe
This herb vinegar would be a great addition to your favorite salad dressing or could be used in place of vinegar in any recipe. The terrific flavors of tarragon and basil really shine through.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh tarragon
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- Fresh basil and/or tarragon sprigs, optional
- 1. Place basil and tarragon in a small glass bowl. Heat vinegar just until simmering; pour over herbs. Cool to room temperature. Cover and let stand in a cool dark place for 5 days.
- 2. Strain and discard herbs. Pour vinegar into a sterilized jar or decorative bottle. Add basil and/or tarragon sprigs if desired. Store in a cool dark place for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 cups.
1 tablespoon: 6 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Herbed Vinegar
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC