This herb vinegar would be a great addition to your favorite salad dressing or could be used in place of vinegar in any recipe. The terrific flavors of tarragon and basil really shine through.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 19 Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh tarragon
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- Fresh basil and/or tarragon sprigs, optional
- Place basil and tarragon in a small glass bowl. Heat vinegar just until simmering; pour over herbs. Cool to room temperature. Cover and let stand in a cool dark place for 5 days.
- Strain and discard herbs. Pour vinegar into a sterilized jar or decorative bottle. Add basil and/or tarragon sprigs if desired. Store in a cool dark place for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Herbed Vinegar in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p90
Reviews for Herbed Vinegar
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review