This simple vinegar and oil dressing is seasoned with three herbs for robust flavor. "We like balsamic vinegar , so we often use it in place of wine vinegar as a nice change of pace," reports Mildred Sherrer of Bay City, Texas.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram or 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all ingredients; shake
- well. Serve over greens. Yield: 1/2 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon (prepared with artificial sweetener equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar) equals 62 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, trace carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat.