Herbed Veggie Platter Recipe
This eye-appealing combination is an interesting twist on mixed vegetables. Topped with herb butter and Parmesan cheese, the crowd-pleaser is an ideal addition to buffets. Divide the ingredients between two plates if your microwave can't accommodate one large platter. -Patricia Vandiver, Tucson, Arizona
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- On a large round microwave-safe platter, arrange the cauliflower, broccoli and zucchini. Cover and microwave on high for 5-1/2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally; drain.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, thyme, parsley and onion salt. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until the butter is melted.
- Arrange tomatoes on platter. Drizzle butter mixture over vegetables; sprinkle with cheese. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Veggie Platter in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p31
Reviews for Herbed Veggie Platter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 9, 2011
This is one of my families favorite recipes!!! We have made it for several occasions. I like to bake it at 400 for about 30 mins, it turns out so yummy!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >
- Vegetable Side Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Side Dishes >