Herbed Vegetable Squares Recipe
Flavorful veggies form the foundation for this side dish that I like to serve with beef and chicken. You could use this as an appetizer, too.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute spinach in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, beans, onion, water, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, add eggs; gradually stir in 1-1/2 cups hot vegetable mixture. Return all to pan and mix well. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- 3. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish; fill the larger dish with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/2 cup: 110 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Vegetable Squares
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC