Herbed Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cabbage, beans, celery, carrots, zucchini, onion and tomato juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the bouillon, seasoning blend, basil and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 66 calories, 0.55 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 0.55 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.