"You'll get garden-fresh flavor in every spoonful of this satisfying soup," confirms Carol Jean Lopez pf Westwood, Massachusetts. "Basil and rosemary accent the veggies nicely."
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large saucepan, combine the cabbage, beans, celery, carrots, zucchini, onion and tomato juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the bouillon, seasoning blend, basil and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Vegetable Soup in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p42
Reviews for Herbed Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review