Herbed Vegetable Bake Recipe
My husband has high cholesterol, so I've had to revise some of his favorite recipes," says Sandra Cooper of Calgary, Alberta. "I've found that adding herbs to vegetables is a good way to replace some of those yummy cheese and dairy-rich cream sauces. And since the veggies in this dish are baked, they retain most of their nutrients."
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat stick margarine
- 1. Place the vegetables in a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the garlic salt, Italian seasoning, basil and water. Dot with margarine.
- 2. Cover and bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 55 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Herbed Vegetable Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC