My husband has high cholesterol, so I've had to revise some of his favorite recipes," says Sandra Cooper of Calgary, Alberta. "I've found that adding herbs to vegetables is a good way to replace some of those yummy cheese and dairy-rich cream sauces. And since the veggies in this dish are baked, they retain most of their nutrients."
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat stick margarine
- Place the vegetables in a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the garlic salt, Italian seasoning, basil and water. Dot with margarine.
- Cover and bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Vegetable Bake in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p23
Reviews for Herbed Vegetable Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review