Light cream cheese, garlic and butter make these potatoes irresistible. Replace the basil with parsley if you'd like. -Ruth Andrewson of Peck, Idaho
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1-1/2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash paprika
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp with cream cheese, chives, salt, basil and cayenne. Add milk and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; mash. Spoon into potato shells. Drizzle with remaining butter; sprinkle with garlic powder and paprika.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Twice-Baked Potatoes in Light & Tasty October 2005, p21
Reviews for Herbed Twice-Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review