Herbed Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add green onions; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, parsley, thyme and bay leaves. Cook until mushrooms are lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Discard bay leaves.
- 2. Transfer mushroom mixture to a small bowl; stir in lemon peel and set aside. Drain noodles.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. In the Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Combine milk and egg yolk; add to sauce. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes longer.
- 4. Stir in mushroom mixture and turkey; heat through. Fold in noodles. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Spoon into a greased 13-x9-in. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and cheese; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 12 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 326 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Turkey Tetrazzini
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.