- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Discard bay leaves.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to a small bowl; stir in lemon peel and set
- aside. Drain noodles; set aside.
- In the Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until
- smooth. Whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Combine egg yolk and milk; stir into white
- sauce. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in mushroom mixture and turkey; heat through. Fold in noodles.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs
- and cheese; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 326 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.