Herbed Turkey Gravy
This traditional gravy recipe works for any roasted meat or poultry. Two cups of gravy serves 6 to 8 people. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- Turkey drippings
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pour drippings and loosened browned bits into a 2-cup measuring cup.
- Skim fat, reserving 1/4 cup. Add enough broth to the drippings to
- measure 2 cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and reserved fat until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the drippings mixture. Stir in the thyme, sage and
- pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 102 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.