Herbed Turkey Breasts Recipe
Tender, moist turkey breast is enhanced with an array of flavorful herbs in this comforting crockpot recipe from Field Editor Laurie Mace of Los Ososo, California.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 3-1/2 hours YIELD:12 servings
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh sage
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 1. In a blender, process the first 15 ingredients until blended. Pour marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Transfer turkey and marinade to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC