Herbed Turkey Breast
Like many of you, I always serve turkey for our family's Thanksgiving meal. But instead of roasting a whole bird, I opt for a turkey breast since most of us prefer white meat. The herb butter basting sauce keeps it so moist, and it's easy to carve.
-Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5-1/2 to 6 pounds)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Remove from the heat. Place turkey in a shallow roasting pan;
- drizzle with butter mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a
- thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes. Let stand for
- 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 246 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer