Herbed Turkey Breast Tenderloins
Herbs add surprising dimension to this tender turkey breast recipe shared by Denise Goedeken of Platte Center, Nebraska. It's easy for a weeknight meal but fancy enough for company, and just as the name suggests, it's oh-so quick to fix.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 turkey breast tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until butter is
- Cut tenderloin into four portions; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Broil turkey 4-6 in. from the heat until lightly browned. Brush with
- some of the butter mixture. Turn turkey over; broil until second
- side is lightly browned. Brush with butter mixture. Broil 6-8
- minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink, brushing often with
- remaining butter mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked turkey equals 281 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.