- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, celery and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, dried cranberries, chili sauce, sage, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until flavors are blended. Stir in cranberry sauce and heat through.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread on buns. Spoon 1/2 cup sloppy joe mixture on each bun. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Turkey & Cranberry Sloppy Joes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p108
Reviews for Herbed Turkey & Cranberry Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review