These deliciously different joes pile on the flavor with herbs, spices, cranberries and more. Keep the meat mixture warm in a slow cooker and let guests assemble their own sandwiches.
Recommended: The 99 Most American Recipes Ever
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, celery and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, dried cranberries, chili sauce, sage, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until flavors are blended. Stir in cranberry sauce and heat through.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread on buns. Spoon 1/2 cup sloppy joe mixture on each bun. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Turkey & Cranberry Sloppy Joes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p108
Reviews for Herbed Turkey & Cranberry Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2017
"wow!! was so suprised how much i loved this! fixed for a family get together everyone loved it!"