Herbed Tuna Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients. Place four slices of toast on an ungreased baking sheet; top with tuna mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 332 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Herbed Tuna Sandwiches
"The spices in the tuna mixture give it a great flavor and take the plain old tuna sandwich up a notch. I didn't use fat-free items but I can tell you that I really enjoyed the taste of these sandwiches with the regular mayonnaise and cheddar cheese. I think these sandwiches will go great with any soup too."
"ALWAYS ON PROWL for fabulous Tuna Sandwiches. This one certainly hits **spot**. Satisfyes my carb limit of two slices bread for lunch. Thank you very much for sharing recipe. J."
"My 16 year old daughter followed this recipe for the first time last year. This sandwich quickly became a weekly must in our home. Easy and EXCELLENT!!!"