Herbed Tuna Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients. Place four slices of toast on an ungreased baking sheet; top with tuna mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 332 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Herbed Tuna Sandwiches
"ALWAYS ON PROWL for fabulous Tuna Sandwiches. This one certainly hits **spot**. Satisfyes my carb limit of two slices bread for lunch. Thank you very much for sharing recipe. J."
"My 16 year old daughter followed this recipe for the first time last year. This sandwich quickly became a weekly must in our home. Easy and EXCELLENT!!!"
"Delicious. I did modify it a little. I added some garlic powder. I think everything is better with a little garlic. I used my own home made white bread and grilled it on the stove top. Not as healthy but mmm, mmmm, good."