A delightful combination of herbs and reduced-fat cheese make this simple tuna sandwich stand out. Marie Connor of Virginia Beach, Virginia shares the recipe.
- 1 can (12 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Place four slices of toast on an ungreased baking sheet; top with tuna mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Tuna Sandwiches in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p6
Reviews for Herbed Tuna Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review