Herbed Tortilla Chips
“I thought of these when I found several packages of tortillas shells while cleaning out my freezer,” writes Angela Case from Monticello, Arkansas. “It's an inexpensive, low-calorie treat for my husband and me.”
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Brush tortillas
- with oil; cut each tortilla into six wedges. Arrange in a single
- layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle wedges with seasoning mixture. Bake at 425° for 5-7
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 4 chips equals 94 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a