Herbed Tomatoes Recipe
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 2 slices sweet onion, separated into rings
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh tarragon, basil and parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes and onion. In another bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Pour over tomatoes and onion; stir gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (calculated without salt and pepper) equals 116 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.