Herbed Tomatoes 'n' Green Beans Recipe
Looking for new ways to dress up fresh-picked green beans? With just the right amount of oregano and parsley flavor, this colorful side dish is seasoned to please.—Maryalice Wood, Langley, British Columbia
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes and seasonings; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup equals 59 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC