Looking for new ways to dress up fresh-picked green beans? With just the right amount of oregano and parsley flavor, this colorful side dish is seasoned to please.—Maryalice Wood, Langley, British Columbia
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and seasonings; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Tomatoes 'n' Green Beans in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p31
Reviews for Herbed Tomatoes 'n' Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review