“My husband and I grow our own tomatoes and enjoy this simple, delicious salad all summer long,” shares Kim Bovino in Milford, Connecticut. “It’s great with warm French bread and butter for lunch or can double as a quick appetizer.”
Recommended: 57 Recipes with Fresh Herbs
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 2 slices sweet onion, separated into rings
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh tarragon, basil and parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes and onion. In another bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Pour over tomatoes and onion; stir gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Tomatoes in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p18
Reviews for Herbed Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review