Herbed Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh plum and/or cherry tomatoes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut tomatoes in half or into wedges; add to dressing and toss. Cover and allow to marinate for several hours or refrigerate overnight. Toss lightly before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 2 fat, 11 vegetable; also, 112 caloires, 5 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 7 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 9 gm fat.
Reviews for Herbed Tomato Salad
"We LOVED this recipe! I used several varieties of heirloom tomatoes, garlic chives, and English thyme that I'd just picked. The tomatoes were a mix of larger varieties as well as cherry. Cut into pieces, they worked well."
"This was good but if your not into the spices you won`t like this. The spice over powered the tomatos. Cut back on the chives and the parsley."
"This is great all summer when I have cherry tomatoes. Easy to fix ahead of time."