Herbed Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh plum and/or cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut tomatoes in half or into wedges; add to dressing and toss. Cover and allow to marinate for several hours or refrigerate overnight. Toss lightly before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Herbed Tomato Salad
Sort By :
We LOVED this recipe! I used several varieties of heirloom tomatoes, garlic chives, and English thyme that I'd just picked. The tomatoes were a mix of larger varieties as well as cherry. Cut into pieces, they worked well.
This was good but if your not into the spices you won`t like this. The spice over powered the tomatos. Cut back on the chives and the parsley.
This is great all summer when I have cherry tomatoes. Easy to fix ahead of time.