My children love to pick the garden-fresh tomatoes and herbs from our backyard garden for this salad. They are so proud of themselves when they put this tasty salad together and serve it to their family.—Judith McGhan, Perry Hall, Maryland
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh plum and/or cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut tomatoes in half or into wedges; add to dressing and toss. Cover and allow to marinate for several hours or refrigerate overnight. Toss lightly before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Tomato Salad in Birds & Blooms August/September 1996, p55
Reviews for Herbed Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review