Herbed Tomato Fish Bake Recipe
- 3/4 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
- 1/3 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 1. Place the fillets in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the next eight ingredients. Pour over fillets. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons basil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 160 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Herbed Tomato Fish Bake
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.