Linda Buiter of Lansing, Illinois shared the recipe for this easy fish bake. "We especially appreciate Italian cuisine with a healthy flair," she writes. "This fish gets a little tartness from the lemon. I like to serve it alongside risotto and steamed broccoli."
- 3/4 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
- 1/3 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh basil, divided
- Place the fillets in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the next eight ingredients. Pour over fillets. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons basil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Tomato Fish Bake in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p18
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Herbed Tomato Fish Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2016
"this is excellent and very healthy. Will definitely make it again."