Herbed Tomato Fish Bake Recipe
Linda Buiter of Lansing, Illinois shared the recipe for this easy fish bake. "We especially appreciate Italian cuisine with a healthy flair," she writes. "This fish gets a little tartness from the lemon. I like to serve it alongside risotto and steamed broccoli."
- 3/4 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
- 1/3 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh basil, divided
- Place the fillets in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the next eight ingredients. Pour over fillets. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons basil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Tomato Fish Bake in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p18
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Herbed Tomato Fish Bake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >