Herbed-Tomato Cheese Bread
This rustic-looking loaf is so versatile. Thick slices are great with Sunday breakfast omelets, a salad lunch, a pasta dinner...or even as an appetizer for guests.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheeses, baking powder, baking
- soda and seasonings. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, oil
- and tomato paste. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 159 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium,