Herbed-Tomato Cheese Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheeses, baking powder, baking soda and seasonings. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, oil and tomato paste. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Herbed-Tomato Cheese Bread(2)
Sort By :
Getting ready to make this bread for the the fourth time. It has been a huge hit with everyone that I have served it to! I hosted a baby shower brunch a few weeks ago and mad the bread in muffing pans and there were none left. The bread is very dense, so you don't need a big piece and I strongly recomend a good quality blue cheese so that the flavor doesn't get lost.
I'm sorry to say none of my family cared for this bread. We ended up throwing the remainder of the loaf away which we never do. The herbs were overpowering and overall it just had a strange taste. We are used to yeast breads so this one seemed especially dense to us.