Herbed Tomato Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- GARLIC CHIVE SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In bread machine pan, place the first 12 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). In a bowl, combine spread ingredients. Serve with bread. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds) and 1/2 cup spread.
Reviews for Herbed Tomato Bread(1)
Sort By :
This bread was absolutely delicious! I'm a bit of a basil lover, so I switched out 1 of the tablespoons of parsley for chopped basil, and I'm more of a thyme and oregano than tarragon person, so I switched there as well, and this was *wonderful*.
It toasts beautifully, and went perfectly with a roasted tomato and pesto cheese spread! I would definitely make this again, and in fact just gave the recipe to a friend.