This would be great to chase away the chill on a stormy night. This creamy tomato soup has a hint of sweetness from honey and great herb flavor.—Dawn Richard, Princeton, Minnesota,
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, dill and oregano until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, honey, salt and pepper. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir in cream; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Herbed Tomato Bisque in Fall Recipe Card Collection 2013
Reviews for Herbed Tomato Bisque
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review