- In a nonstick skillet, saute the onions, herbs and pepper in butter
- until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- Punch dough down and turn onto a floured surface; divide in half.
- Roll each piece into a 14-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Brush with some of
- the egg; refrigerate rest of egg. Spread herb mixture over dough to
- within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a
- short side; pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side
- down in two 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Cover; let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Brush with reserved egg. Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until
- bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 134 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.