Herbed Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe
This main dish from Bea Taus of Fremont, California has a wonderful fresh garden taste. The herbs add flavor—no need for salt. "I like to serve these peppers with green salad, French bread and fresh fruit," says Bea.
- 6 green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large kettle, blanch peppers in boiling water 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet with a nonstick finish, brown the turkey. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, combine tomato liquid, onion, celery, garlic and herbs. Simmer until vegetables are tender and the mixture has begun to thicken. Stir in tomatoes, turkey and rice.
- 3. Stuff into peppers and place in a baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Top each pepper with about 1 tablespoon cheese. Return to oven for 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 267 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Herbed Stuffed Green Peppers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC